Abstract submission can be done through your ECSS account, exclusively.
Please check our Key Dates page for when abstract submission opens and closes.
Abstract Submission Step 1
- enter/create your ECSS account
- go to “myCongress data administration”
- submit your abstract following the link “Send an abstract” (we only accept online abstract submissions!)
Abstract Submission Step 2
- preview and confirm the abstract you intend to submit
- receive your notification of acceptance in your ECSS account on 3 April 2023
- pay your registration fee by 28 April 2023 – abstracts from the accounts that have not paid the registration fee will be removed
- edit your personal details if needed
- check your registration status
- print your Invoice/Receipt/Letter of acceptance from your ECSS account
Please follow the formatting instructions below when submitting an abstract.
- The abstract must be typed into the Abstract Submission Form
- Abstracts are restricted to 3,000 characters (including spaces and references but not names or affiliations)
- Statements like “Data will be presented and discussed” are not acceptable
- The content must include research that relates to sport, sports activities, physical activity, or exercise. E-sport is not covered within this definition
- It may not contain any tables or graphs and is restricted to ASCII-characters only*. Please note, that an abstract prepared in a programme such as Windows Word may contain non-ASCII characters. If there are references in the text, they have to be cited at the end of the abstract (they must fit in the 3,000 characters)
- All abstract content is the sole responsibility of the author(s) of the abstract
- You can preview your abstract during the submission process. Abstracts will be printed exactly as they appear in the preview
- Editing is only possible at this stage
- Receipt of your abstract submission will be sent to you by e-mai
All accepted abstracts will be published in the proceedings of the 28th Annual Congress of the ECSS, preconditioned the first author has paid the registration fee by 28 April 2023.
* To make sure your abstract only contains ASCII characters, copy-paste the text first to a text-editor like Notepad, then "Save As..." and set Encoding to "ANSI". Abstract submission examples.
- Biomechanics & Motor control (BM)
- Physiology & Nutrition (PN)
- Psychology, Social Sciences & Humanities (SH)
- Sports and Exercise Medicine and Health (MH)
- Applied Sports Sciences (AP)
Your registration will only be completed upon payment of your registration fee.
An author may submit a maximum of one abstract as the first author. The submitted abstract must be presented at the congress by the first author. It is possible to appear as a co-author on other abstracts. Please note that after your submission has been made, further changes cannot be accepted.
Important information: Congress registration for the first author is obligatory. Not paying the registration fee will result in exclusion from the scientific programme and the Book of Abstracts.
Young Investigators Award
All abstracts that should be considered for the YIA must be labeled appropriately within the abstract submission process. Please check the requirements for the YIA before you choose to apply for the award. Please note, supplementary material and verification forms must be submitted in addition, to successfully apply for the YIA.
GSSI Nutrition Award
Abstracts submitted in the area of nutrition may opt-in to apply for the GSSI Nutrition Award during the abstract submission process.