The Gatorade Sport Science Institute (GSSI) is the Official ECSS Sports Performance Hydration and Nutrition Platinum Partner. With this award, GSSI is promoting young scientists and their research related to sports nutrition and hydration to further advance the development of these scientific fields. Abstracts submitted in these two areas in the oral presentation format may opt in to apply for the GSSI Sports Nutrition Award during the abstract submission process.
- An ECSS membership for 2023 is mandatory by the 15th February 2023.
- Researchers must currently be enrolled as a Master’s or a PhD student studying sports nutrition and/or hydration or related subject.
- The presented research must be of relevance for these scientific fields.
- The work is original and has not been published, or accepted for publication, at the time of the ECSS abstract submission deadline: 15th February 2023
- GSSI 2022Sports Nutrition Award winners are ineligible for the following year's competition
- Employees of GSSI are ineligible to enter the GSSI Sports Nutrition Award
- Research that is directly funded by GSSI is ineligible for entry to the respective award
- A YIA award winner cannot be at the same time a GSSI award winner and vice versa
- Please tick GSSI Sports Nutrition Award on page 2 of the online abstract submission portal.
- The presentation (oral) has been carefully prepared, using appropriate and high-quality visual means, and is well organised
- Abstract quality:
- The background and rationale for the study is clearly described
- The methodology is well described, the statistical analysis appropriate and the data are solid
- The presenter justifies the conclusions based on the data and the relevant literature
- There is a clear take-home message at the end
- The work is advancing current knowledge
- GSSI and ECSS are committed to supporting diversity in sports science and nutrition. The awards will adhere to the guidelines defined by the EU Platform of Diversity Charters
All abstracts will be reviewed by two independent experts in the field to be nominated by the ECSS. A third reviewer will be an expert scientist in the field representing the sponsor.
- Abstracts in the topic of sports nutrition and/or hydration for oral presentation format must be submitted through your ECSS account by 15th February 2023 and the application for GSSI Sports Nutrition Award has to be ticked during submission process.
- Among all applications, the top 5 will go to the final round
- The 5 finalists will present their work during the congress in the oral format in front of the award panel.
- The panel will need to come to a mutual decision about the winners of the GSSI Sports Nutrition Award.
- The winners will be awarded during the GSSI Award Ceremony. Attendance is mandatory for finalists.
- Important notice: An ECSS YIA winner cannot be at the same time a GSSI Sports Nutrition Award winner and vice versa.
- 1st Place: 3,000 €
- 2nd Place: 1,500 €
- 3rd Place: 500 €