Applications for the Young Investigators Award (YIA) that meet all of the requirements are welcome to be submitted online, using the abstract submission process of the upcoming ECSS Congress.
Criteria for the YIA:
- You submitted only one paper as the first author for participation in the YIA 2023: by 15 February 2023.
- You paid your ECSS Membership 2023 and became an ECSS Student Member for 2023 or ECSS Member for 2023: before 15 February 2023.
- You submitted your signed and stamped YIA Verification Form 2023*: before 15 February 2023.
- You are 35 years of age or younger at the time of the deadline for abstract submission (15 February 2023)
- Please send us a copy of your ID to verify that you were born after 15 February 1987
- You are presently enrolled as a student at a university or you were awarded your PhD degree within two years of the deadline for abstract submission (15 February 2023).
- As a previous YIA winner, you do not take part in the same category again (oral/conventional poster).
- You paid your registration fee for ECSS Paris 2023: before 28 April 2023.
*The YIA Verification Form 2023 should be verified by an authorised person (Head of Institute) in the YIA applicant's department who should also certify that the YIA applicant has made an independent and reasonable contribution to the work submitted for presentation.
- Please note that you need to click ‘YES’ to YIA award when submitting your abstract otherwise we will not be able to process your application.
- To successfully apply for the YIA, all requirements must be met by all deadlines.
- There will be no extension of the deadline for YIA applications.
- To track your YIA application status, please login to your ECSS Account and click on “myCongress”.
- Abstract submission will only be accepted online.
- Incomplete YIA applications will not be considered.
- Applications are only possible in oral and conventional poster presentation formats.
- A YIA award winner cannot be a GSSI award winner at the same time and vice versa.