Abstract submission can be done through your ECSS account, exclusively.
Please check our Key Dates for the opening and closing dates for abstract submission.
Abstract Submission – Step 1
- Log in to/Create your ECSS account
- Edit your personal details if required
- Go to ‘myCongress’
- Submit your abstract via the ‘Send an abstract’ button
(Please note that we only accept online abstract submissions!)
Abstract Submission – Step 2
- Receive your notification of acceptance or rejection in your ECSS account on 2 April 2024
- If accepted: Pay your registration fee before 26 April 2024 – abstracts from accounts that have not paid the registration fee until this deadline will be removed
- Check your registration status in your account under ‘myCongress’
- Print your Invoice/Receipt/Letter of Acceptance/Letter of Attendance/Confirmation of Presentation from your ECSS account
- Your registration will only be completed upon payment of the registration fee
Please follow the formatting instructions below when submitting an abstract:
- The abstract must be typed into the Abstract Submission Form.
- Abstracts are restricted to 3,000 characters (including spaces and references but not names or affiliations).
- Statements like “Data will be presented and discussed” are not acceptable.
- The content must include research that relates to sport, sports activities, physical activity, or exercise.
- It may not contain any tables or graphs and is restricted to ASCII-characters only*. Please note that an abstract prepared in a programme such as Windows Word may contain non-ASCII characters.
- If there are references in the text, they have to be cited at the end of the abstract (they must fit in the 3,000 characters).
- All abstract content is the sole responsibility of the author(s) of the abstract.
- You can preview your abstract during the submission process. Abstracts will be printed exactly as they appear in the preview.
- Editing is only possible at this stage. Once submitted, changes are no longer possible.
- Receipt of your abstract submission will be sent to you by email.
All accepted abstracts will be published in the eBook of Abstracts of the 29th annual congress of the ECSS, preconditioned the first author has paid the registration fee by 26 April 2024.
*to make sure your abstract only contains ASCII characters, copy and paste the text to a text-editor like Notepad, then 'Save As...' and set encoding to 'ANSI'.
- Biomechanics & Motor Control (BM)
- Physiology & Nutrition (PN)
- Psychology, Social Sciences & Humanities (SH)
- Sports & Exercise Medicine & Health (MH)
- Applied Sports Sciences (AP)
Your registration will only be completed upon payment of your registration fee.
An author may submit a maximum of one abstract as the first author. The first author who submitted the abstract must pay the full registration fee to confirm the abstract for the final scientific programme. In case the first author is unable to attend, a registered co-author is permitted to present the research on their behalf. It is possible to appear as a co-author on other abstracts. Please note that after your submission has been made, further changes cannot be accepted.
Important information: Congress registration for the first author is obligatory. Not paying the registration fee will result in exclusion from the scientific programme and the eBook of Abstracts.
ECSS Young Investigators Award (YIA)
All abstracts that should be considered for the YIA competition require all necessary documents to be uploaded during the abstract submission process. You cannot proceed your YIA abstract submission without a complete upload. Please check the requirements for the YIA before you choose to apply for the award.
GSSI Sports Nutrition Award
Abstracts submitted in the area of nutrition and hydration may opt-in to apply for the GSSI Sports Nutrition Award during the abstract submission process.