Download the full membership brochure here
Stay connected to sport science through ECSS membership
ECSS members are the heart and soul of the College. Our missions are largely based around supporting you in your career, as well as driving the field of sport science. We aim to:
- Disseminate high quality, innovative science
- Empower the development of young scientists
- Build and retain an engaged ECSS community
- Develop strong partnerships within the private and public sectors
Be part of our community
- Up to 30% discount on registration fees for our annual congress
- Full online access to the European Journal of Sport Science
- ECSS Webinars
- Early Career Researcher mentoring scheme – New for 2023, more information coming soon!
- Travel Grants
- Opportunity to apply for the Young Investigators Award and GSSI Sports Nutrition Award
- Opportunity to apply for Fellowship
- Opportunity to vote in the ECSS elections
- Opportunity to be nominated for the ECSS elections
- Opportunity to be elected for ECSS boards
- Online access to the latest volume of Journal of Sports Sciences
- A discount on books from Routledge
- A discount on language editing services
ECSS also supports your career development through its freely available Job Vacancies and Events Calendar, the ECSS congress abstract database, and public video channel ECSS.tv, which hosts a wide variety of scientific presentations from each annual congress.
How do I become an ECSS member or renew my existing membership?
To become a new member, please follow the steps to create a new member account here. Once you have set up your account, visit the secure membership page to select the membership category that applies to you.
To renew your existing membership please log into your ECSS account and visit the secure membership page to select the membership category that applies to you.
To become an ECSS member, you must be 18 years of age or above. ECSS members usually hold a university-level degree in the field of sport and exercise science or its sub-disciplines.
Student members are entitled to all membership benefits and usually are undergraduate or postgraduate students in the field of sport and exercise science and its sub-disciplines.