Abstract submission is through your ECSS account exclusively.
- Enter/create your ECSS account
- Go to “My congress data administration”
- Submit your abstract following the link “Send an abstract” (we only accept online abstract submissions)
- Preview and confirm the abstract you intend to submit
- Receive notification of acceptance in your email by 24 May 2021
- Pay your registration fee – abstracts from accounts that have not paid the registration fee will be removed
- Edit your personal details if needed
- Check your registration status
- Print your Invoice/Receipt/Letter of acceptance/Letter of presentation from your ECSS account
Please follow the formatting instructions below when submitting an abstract.
- An abstract must be typed into the online Abstract Submission Form accessible through your ECSS account.
- Abstracts are restricted to 3000 characters (including spaces and references but not names or affiliations).
- Statements like “Data will be presented and discussed” is not acceptable.
- The content must include research that relates to sport, sports activities, physical activity, or exercise. E-sport is not covered within this definition.
- The abstract should preferably contain original data. However, well-conducted systematic reviews/meta-analyses can be accepted.
- It should not contain any tables or graphs and is restricted to ASCII-characters only*. Please note, that an abstract prepared in a programme such as Windows Word may contain non-ASCII characters. If there are references in the text, they have to be cited at the end of the abstract (they must fit in the 3000 characters).
- All abstract content is the sole responsibility of the author(s) of the abstract.
- You can preview your abstract during the submission process. Abstracts will be printed exactly as they appear in the preview (simple txt format).
- Editing is only possible at this stage.
- Receipt confirmation of your abstract submission will be sent by e-mail.
All accepted abstracts will be published in the proceedings of the 26th Annual Congress of the ECSS, preconditioned the first author has paid the registration fee.
* To make sure your abstract only contains ASCII characters, copy-paste the text first to a text-editor like Notepad, then "Save As..." and set Encoding to "ANSI".
- Biomechanics & Motor control (BM)
- Physiology & Nutrition (PN)
- Psychology, Social Sciences & Humanities (SH)
- Sports and Exercise Medicine and Health (MH)
- Applied Sports Sciences (AP)
Your registration will only be completed upon payment of your registration fee.
An author may submit a maximum of one abstract as the first author. The submitted abstract must be presented at the congress by the first author. It is possible to appear as a co-author on other abstracts. Please note that after your submission has been made, further changes cannot be accepted.
Important information: Congress registration for the first author is obligatory. Not paying the registration fee will result in exclusion from the scientific programme and the Book of Abstracts.
Young Investigators Award
All abstracts that should be considered for the YIA must be labeled appropriately within the abstract submission process. Please check the detailed information on the YIA before you choose to apply for the award. Please note that supplementary material and verification forms must be submitted additionally to successfully apply for the YIA.
GSSI Nutrition Award
Abstracts submitted in the area of nutrition may opt-in to apply for the GSSI Nutrition Award during the abstract submission process. Please find more information here.