The below procedure is used for the virtual ECSS Young Investigators Award:
- All YIA applications received by the ECSS are checked to ensure they fulfill the administrative requirements of the award. Following a rigorous review process, the contestants that proceed to the final stage of the competition are selected. These contestants have the opportunity to present their work to the jury during the congress.
- The top 10 candidates in each category (oral and poster) and the 4 finalists of the oral competition will be announced on Friday afternoon on the congress website.
- The final 4 sessions will be organized at the end of the congress program and will again be live. The winners will be announced during the congress closing ceremony.
- The top 3 of the YIA oral presentations will be invited to represent the ECSS as an exchange delegate for JSPFSM – the ECSS exchange in Japan.
- The number one of the YIA poster presentations will be invited to represent the ECSS as an exchange delegate for ESSA – ECSS exchange in Australia.
- Important notice: A YIA award winner cannot be at the same time a GSSI award winner and vice versa.