Gatorade Sports Science Institute (GSSI) aims to support the ECSS Virtual Congress 2021 with an award that fosters professional development for students in the fields of sports nutrition.
Three winners will each receive Two Thousand Euros (2.000 €) to cover registration costs for the ECSS Virtual Congress 2021 (September 8-10, 2021) and to use for other professional development per the winner’s discretion. Additionally, winners will also each receive:
- An opportunity to meet with a GSSI scientist to discuss research interests and career advice
- An invitation to GSSI’s virtual Expert Panel (XP) meeting in October 2021
GSSI and ECSS are committed to supporting diversity in sports science and nutrition. The awards will adhere to the guidelines defined by the EU Platform of Diversity Charters: https://ec.europa.eu/info/policies/justice-and-fundamental-rights/combatting-discrimination/tackling-discrimination/diversity-management_en
- Young researchers working in the field of sports nutrition and hydration are encouraged to apply by submitting an online application form (CV and Letter of Motivation), two letters of recommendation together with the abstract to the ECSS.
- Researchers must be currently studying sports nutrition or within five years of completing PhD in sports nutrition.
- Applicants may reside anywhere in the world, including Europe, but must be ECSS members and registered for the ECSS Virtual Congress 2021. ECSS will confirm candidates’ ECSS membership and Annual Meeting registration prior to review and determination of winners.
- Applications must be received by the ECSS office by 30 June 2021.
- Announcement of award recipients will be made by 15 July 2021.
- The ECSS Congress will provide Two Thousand Euros (2000 €) per winner to use towards professional development, including attendance at the 2021 Congress.
- To prevent conflicts of interest, students directly associated with or engaged to any extend with the Gatorade Sports Science Institute will not be Submitted work funded, partially or wholly, by GSSI or PepsiCo is not eligible.
- Applicant must be an ECSS member and registered for the ECSS Virtual Congress 2021. ECSS will confirm candidate’s ECSS membership and Annual Meeting registration prior to review and determination of Upon selection for award, recipient will be required to submit proof of citizenship (copy of passport or other valid ID).
- Applicant must be a young researcher working in the field of sports nutrition and hydration and apply by submitting the following:
- An online application form (including CV and Letter of Motivation)
- Two letters of recommendation
- An abstract to the ECSS
- The researcher must be currently studying sports nutrition or within five years of completing PhD in sports nutrition
- Letter of Motivation Details
- Applicant will submit a written statement detailing their professional goals and describing how a professional development award will help them meet their future career in exercise physiology and/or sports nutrition (300-word limit). Evaluation of the written statement will be based on clearly defined goals related to the field of exercise physiology and/or sports nutrition and demonstration of how receiving a professional development grant will help further his/her studies and/or professional development. The statement must also incorporate what they’ve learned about the research process or how it has impacted their academic career thus far.