(Formerly the Young Scholar Travel Grant)
Learn more about Kevin Tipton's story and memory.
ECSS and Gatorade Sports Science Institute promote the “The Kevin Tipton Travel Grant Award”.
This Kevin Tipton Travel Grant Award is offered to young scholars to attend the annual ECSS congress. Young researchers (35 years of age or younger at the time of ECSS Sevilla 2022; born after 3 June 1986) working in the field of sports nutrition and hydration are encouraged to apply by submitting an online application form (CV and letter of motivation) in addition, one letter of recommendation together with a video to the ECSS. ECSS membership is mandatory.
- Young researchers working in the field of sports nutrition and/or hydration are encouraged to apply by submitting an online application form (CV and Letter of Motivation), one letter of recommendation together with a video to ECSS.
- The researcher must currently be a Master’s student studying sports nutrition or within five years of completing PhD in sports nutrition.
- Applicants may reside anywhere in the world and need to be ECSS members.
- Applications need to be received by the ECSS office by 3 June 2022.
- Announcement of award recipients will be made by 24 June 2022.
- To prevent conflicts of interest, students directly associated with or engaged in any fashion with the Gatorade Sports Science Institute (GSSI) will not be eligible. Submitted work funded, partially or wholly, by GSSI or PepsiCo is not eligible.
- Applicant needs to be an ECSS member by 3 June 2022.
- Applicants must be currently studying for a Master’s degree in sports nutrition or within five years of completing PhD in sports nutrition at any university:
1. An application form
-One letter of Motivation (300 word)
A written statement detailing your professional goals and describing how a professional development award will help you meet your future career in exercise physiology and/or sports nutrition. The evaluation of the written statement will be based on clearly defined goals related to the field of exercise physiology and/or sports nutrition and demonstration of how receiving a professional development grant will help further your studies and/or professional development. The statement needs also to incorporate what you have learned about the research process or how it has impacted your academic career thus far.
2. One letter of recommendation
3. Video submission answering 4 questions in 4 minutes accompanied with 4 presentation slides
- Why is sports nutrition important to you?
- What is the future of sports nutrition in your area of interest?
- What would you look to gain from the experience?
- How do you see your research coming to life?
All applications will undergo a thorough review. Five winners will each receive Two Thousand Euros (2.000 €) to cover registration and travel costs to attend ECSS Sevilla 2022, 31 August – 2 September 2022, and to use for other professional development per the winner’s discretion. Additionally, winners will also each receive:
- An opportunity to meet with a GSSI scientist to discuss research interests and career advice.
- An invitation to virtually attend GSSI’s Expert Panel (XP) meeting
GSSI and ECSS are committed to supporting diversity in sports science and nutrition. The awards will adhere to the guidelines defined by the EU Platform of Diversity.