Abstracts submitted in the area of nutrition in the oral presentation format may opt in to apply for the GSSI Nutrition Award during the abstract submission process.
The Gatorade Sport Science Institute (GSSI) is the Official ECSS Sports Performance Hydration and Nutrition Platinum Partner. With this award, GSSI is promoting research in the field of nutrition and hydration.
- ECSS membership payment by 4 April 2022
- Researchers are currently enrolled as a Master’s student or a PhD student studying sports nutrition
- The research has relevance to sports nutrition and/or hydration
- GSSI 2021 Nutrition Award winners are not eligible for the following year's competition
- The work is original and has not been published, or accepted for publication, at the time of the ECSS abstract submission deadline: 4 April 2022
- Employees of GSSI are ineligible to enter the GSSI Nutrition Award
- Research that is directly funded by GSSI is not eligible for entry to the respective award
- A YIA award winner cannot be at the same time a GSSI award winner and vice versa
- Please tick GSSI nutrition sports award on page 2 of the online abstract submission portal.
- The presentation (oral) has been carefully prepared, using appropriate and high-quality visual means, and is well organised
- Abstract quality:
- The background and rationale for the study is clearly described
- The methodology is well described, the statistical analysis appropriate and the data are solid
- The presenter justifies the conclusions based on the data and the relevant literature
- There is a clear take-home message at the end
- The work is advancing current knowledge
- GSSI and ECSS are committed to supporting diversity in sports science and nutrition. The awards will adhere to the guidelines defined by the EU Platform of Diversity Charters.
All abstracts will be reviewed by two independent experts in the field to be nominated by the ECSS. A third reviewer will be an expert scientist in the field representing the sponsor.
- Abstracts submitted in the topic of sports nutrition and/or hydration in the presentation format oral and poster may opt-in to apply for the Nutrition Award
- Abstracts have to be submitted through your ECSS account by 4 April 2022
- Among all applications, the top 5 will go to the final round
- The 5 finalists will present their work during the Congress in the oral format in front of the award panel.
- The panel will need to come to a mutual decision about the winners of the GSSI Nutrition Award.
- The winners will be awarded during the GSSI Award Ceremony. Attendance is mandatory for finalists.
- Important notice: An ECSS YIA winner cannot be at the same time a GSSI Sports Nutrition Award winner and vice versa.
- 1st Place: 3.000 €
- 2nd Place: 1.500 €
- 3rd Place: 500 €