Sustainability at the ECSS Congress - MR 24.03.2017
Increasingly, ECSS is focusing on the worldwide issues of sustainability and the environment.
The congress industry in general has a large CO2 footprint and with some small changes, this can be reduced.
ECSS acknowledges its responsibility in the environment. The office and the internal function of the ECSS is organised with a responsible mind-set and with a minimal amount of resources wasted. The annual congress promotes sustainability and adopts healthy environmental solutions.
Be sustainable – ECSS Congress
ECSS supports green values when organising its annual congress. It aims to use environmentally-friendly products as much as possible and advise our exhibitors to do so as well. Participants are recommended to travel by train and when flying in, an option is given to compensate the carbon footprint by supporting climate protection projects. Please find a few green suggestions for the congress listed below.
- ECSS is compensating the carbon footprint of flights/travel of the ECSS Board and Committee members and the office staff. Join the movement and read more here.
- ECSS has negotiated with German Railway Company (Deutsche Bahn) prices for an Event Ticket during the congress week. Find more information here and book the cheapest option to get to Essen in July.
- Ecological paper is used for all print products at the congress
- Congress badges are only available on a print on demand basis and will be reused after the congress
- Email is used to communicate with the members and congress delegates
- Congress bags are an environmental healthy product
ECSS recommends that all exhibitors follow the congress guidelines to make the congress more sustainable. Please read more here.
Please check the full list of green suggestions for the congress here and join us in supporting the environment.
If you publish anything relating to this content, please send details to our PR Manager so that it can be included in our ECSS in the media section.
Phone: +49 221 9626 2771
Fax:+49 221 9626 2779