How to join the ECSS
|Creating an ECSS account is the first requirement in order to become an ECSS Member. The ECSS account provides full access to all membership benefits. Membership payment is a precondition.|
ECSS Membership categories
ECSS Student Member
Student members are undergraduate or graduate students in the field of sport science and all its subdisciplines. They shall be entitled to all privileges of the ECSS except that of holding office.
The student fee only applies to full time students.
Please note that we only accept international student IDs for the student registration.
This international student ID is available for every student worldwide and it provides you with tons of discounts on hostels, restaurants, museums and much more. You can easily obtain your international student ID visiting http://www.isic.org/.
To obtain your international student ID please visit http://www.isic.org/.
The qualification for the membership is a university level degree in the field of sport science and all its subdisciplines.
ECSS Fellow, FECSS
ECSS Fellows shall have made a significant contribution to the development of sport science through research. They receive approval by the ECSS after application for fellowship by submitting their CV and meeting the following criteria
- Short CV
- PhD level
- Minimum of 5 years membership (consecutive membership is not required)
- Participation to annual congress (1 out of last 3)
- 10 papers in international, peer reviewed journals submitted as first or last author
- 2 letters of support from ECSS Fellows, see list of ECSS Fellow here
- one page summarizing evidence of promoting the ECSS (e.g. promote membership, promote congress attendance, contribution to congress programme, abstract reviewing, EJSS reviewing, supervision of YIA contestants