Call for abstracts: ECSS Vienna 2016 – MR 15.12.2015
It is with great pleasure that we announce the opening of the abstract submission for the 21st annual Congress of the European College of Sport Science to be held in Vienna, Austria - ECSS Vienna 2016.
Good reasons to submit your abstract
- be part of the largest multidisciplinary congress in sport science
- earn international recognition for the work you do
- boost your career while participating in the ECSS Young Investigators Award, GSSI Nutrition Award or Excellence in Football Science Award sponsored by Aspetar
- make the connections you need
Abstract submission is free of charge and the deadline to submit your abstract is the 15th of February 2016. After undergoing the review process, all authors will be informed about the acceptance of their submission on the 1st of April 2016. Presenting authors must have paid their registration fees by the 1st of May 2016 at the latest to secure the presentation during the congress and the publication in the Book of Abstracts.
ECSS Young Investigators Award
One of the key objectives of the ECSS is the promotion of junior scientists and fostering state-of-the-art research. For this purpose, the ECSS is presenting the Young Investigators Award (YIA), read more.
Nutrition Award, sponsored by GSSI
Abstracts submitted in the area of nutrition in the presentation format oral or mini-oral may opt in to apply for the GSSI Nutrition Award during the abstract submission process, read more.
Excellence in Football Research Award, sponsored by Aspetar
Abstracts submitted in the area of football (soccer) research in the presentation format oral and mini-oral may opt in to apply for the Excellence in Football Research Award sponsored by Aspetar during the abstract submission process of the congress, read more.
Details of the invited programme and information of the city of Vienna can be found on the congress website.
- 15th of December 2015 - Opening abstract submission and registration
- 15th of February 2016 - Deadline for abstract submission
- 1st of April 2016 - Notification of acceptance to authors will be available in your ECSS account
- 15th of April 2016 - End of early bird registration
- 1st of May 2016 - Deadline registration for presenting authors
For further information and high resolution images, please do not hesitate to contact us. Also please have your published work sent to us, enabling us to link your work to our section ECSS in the media.
Media and Communication Manager
Phone: +49 221 9626 2771
Fax:+49 221 9626 2779