ECSS Vienna 2016 – Crossing Borders through Sport Science - MR 18.09.2015
The 21st annual congress of the European College of Sport Science (ECSS) will be organized in Vienna, Austria next July. The host of the 2016 congress, the Centre of Sport Science and University Sports at University of Vienna, is once again expert in sport science. The scientific programme is built with expertise, highlighting the current aspects in the multidisciplinary fields of sport science.
15th of December 2015 – Opening of the Abstract Submission
15th of February 2016 – Deadline for Abstract Submission
1st of April 2016 – Notification of acceptance to authors
15th of April 2016 – End of early registration
1st of May 2016 – Deadline registration for presenting authors
The programme is emphasizing the theme “Crossing Boarders through Sport Science” bringing together sport scientists from all over the world and showcasing diverse disciplines and topics in sport science. The invited programme demonstrates the current state of the research in the field of sport and exercises sciences summarizing the knowledge and finding new ideas and ways of research. Please find the invited programme here. The scientific programme as a whole will be available after 1st of April 2016.
PS-PL01: Crossing the Limits of Impairment – Lessons from Neuromuscular and Cardiovascular Function after Spinal Cord Injury
Chair: Nicole Wenderoth [Switzerland]
- Reggie Edgerton [United States]: Life-Long Activity-Dependent Neuromuscular Plasticity in Optimizing Performance in the Presence of Neuromotor Disorders
- Daniel Theisen [Luxembourg]: Cardiovascular Function During Exercise - The Spinal Cord Injury Model
PS-PL02: Promoting Physical Activity – Environmental and Economic Health Approaches
Chair: Alfred Rütten [Germany]
- Fiona Bull [Australia]: Urban Environment - A Key Determinant of Participation in Sports
- Francesca Racioppi [Denmark]: The WHO Health Economic Assessment Tool – In What Way Can It Support Physical Activity and Sustainability?
PS-PL03: Crossing Borders through Technology
Chair: Natàlia Balagué [Spain]
- Thomas B. Moeslund [Denmark]: Computer Vision in Sports
- Sigmund Loland [Norway]: Innovative Technology in Sport: Ethical Perspectives
PS-PL04: Crossing Cultures and Nations – Interculturality and Transnational Mobility as Challenges for Sport and Sport Science
Chair: Aage Radman [Sweden]
- Elke Grimminger [Germany]: “Interculturality in Sports” as Social Challenge – an Overview of Theoretical Foundations and Empirical Results
- Nina Clara Tiesler [Germany]: Sport Migration Revisited: Emerging Concepts from the Field of Women’s Soccer and Transnational Mobility
Once again the highlight of the ECSS congress will be the ECSS Young Investigators Award. The delegates under the age of 32 are able to participate in this distinguished scientific competition and compete on the generous cash prices. The YIA competition has been the focal point of the ECSS congress throughout the years and demonstrates the goal of the ECSS to support and promote young scientists in their career development.
The City of Vienna and the congress venue
The City of Vienna has a lot to offer to its visitors. Vienna is famous for its imperial heritage, Schönbrunn Palace, the Belvedere and the Hofburg. In addition, the cultural scene in Vienna is beyond comparison with its several museums, concert halls and theatres. Please read more about the city here.
Parallel to the compelling scientific programme, we have a great social programme in place! The social programme guarantees the interaction between the delegates and brings the whole big ECSS family together to enjoy the unique atmosphere of the ECSS congress. Please read more here.
For more information about the ECSS Vienna 2016, please download the second announcement, visit the congress website, follow us on twitter or take a look at our promotional video.
For further information and high resolution images, please do not hesitate to contact us. Also please have your published work sent to us, enabling us to link your work to our section ECSS in the media.
Media and Communication Manager
Phone: +49 221 9626 2771
Fax:+49 221 9626 2779